Gateway provides valuable and rapid job training and education, preparing participants for entry-level employment in as little as 4-8 weeks. Training schedules differ every year in response to fluctuations in the regional job market. Each training provides entry to a career that will lead to upward mobility and increased wages. Gateway courses involve a mix of hands-on and lecture-style instruction. Their instruction directly translates to the tasks and skills graduates will be asked to perform on a daily basis when they are hired. The students will spend forty hours per week in class, with the same punctuality and etiquette expectations of a regular job. Participants will also learn soft skills like preparing a resume, acing a job interview, communicating professionally with colleagues, planning for their career, and working in a team. With leadership from industry partners, every course includes training that is directly connected to what Central Texas employers are seeking in their employees.
The following is a list of Eligibility Requirements to attend the Gateway program:
- At least 16 years or older;
- Proof of Right to work in the United States;
- Under 200% of the Federal Poverty Line;
- Resident of the Greater Waco area (priority is given to these applicants, but we may accept applicants from the surrounding areas);
- For our CNA program, accepted applicants MUST show proof of a negative Tuberculosis test.
Click below to access course descriptions and online application:
Our Waco Class Schedule for 2018
Certified Nurse Aide
March 26th – May 18th: Currently Recruiting