Austin, TX (October 27, 2017): We’re proud to announce that this year, Skillpoint Alliance is participating in #GivingTuesday to further support individuals determined to join the Skilled Trades or Healthcare industries.
Since 1994, we have provided thousands of Central Texans with the opportunity to change or begin a meaningful career through a rapid training model. Our Gateway program is designed to get individuals of all backgrounds certified, licensed and prepared to enter industries such as Electrical, HVAC, Pipefitting & Plumbing, Certified Nurse Aide & Medication Aide, in as little as 4-8 weeks.
The Gateway program is at no cost to eligible participants, and every graduate receives all entry-level licensing to help them get hired into a position that will benefit them with more than just a paycheck. Below is a list of certifications received through each program;
- Certified Nurse Aide: NATCEP Clinical Certification and NATCEP Classroom Certification (upon passing exam)
- Medication Aide: CMA Certification (TDADs)
- Electrical: NCCER Level One Electrical, NCCER Core Construction, TDLR Electrical Apprentice License, OSHA 10
- HVAC: NCCER Level One HVAC, NCCER Core Construction, EPA 608 Universal Certification, TDLR HVAC Technician Registration, OSHA 10
- Pipefitting & Plumbing: NCCER Level One Pipefitting, NCCER Level One Plumbing, NCCER Core Construction, Pipefitting Apprentice License, OSHA 10
All Gateway graduates participate in CPR & First Aide training during their program, and receive materials such as toolkits, scrubs & blood pressure kits.
By supporting Skillpoint Alliance during #GivingTuesday you will provide an individual with a better pathway to a promising career. There are several levels of contributions that will support as little as one student up to a full class of graduates.
$25 – One set of Scrubs
$50 – One Toolkit
$150 – Cost of OSHA 10 for one class
$4,000 – Covers all licensing fees, training materials for one student
Beyond a financial gift, we invite you to partner with us to see the Gateway program’s impact on the community; through volunteering, attending graduations and mentoring.
Mark your calendars for November 28th and help us meet our goal of $20,000.
To give a financial gift, please visit: http://skillpointalliance.org/donate-today/