Skillpoint job TrainingOur training programs provide hands-on training and education that prepares students for entry-level employment in the Skilled Trades, Construction, Maintenance & Manufacturing. Apply Now
Skillpoint provides valuable and rapid job training and education, preparing participants for entry-level employment in as little as 4-6 weeks. Training schedules differ every year in response to fluctuations in the regional job market. Each training provides entry to a career that will lead to upward mobility and increased wages. Skillpoint courses involve a mix of hands-on and lecture-style instruction. Their instruction directly translates to the tasks and skills graduates will be asked to perform on a daily basis when they are hired.
The students will spend forty hours per week in class, with the same punctuality and etiquette expectations of a regular job. Participants will also learn soft skills like preparing a resume, acing a job interview, communicating professionally with colleagues, planning for their career, and working in a team. With leadership from industry partners, every course includes training that is directly connected to what Central Texas employers are seeking in their employees.
The following is a list of Eligibility Requirements to enroll in a Skillpoint job training program:
- At least 18 years or older;
- Proof of Right to work in the United States;
- Proof of Education (GED or higher), if unable to show proof there is an alternative assessment you can take at our offices;
- Under 200% of the Federal Poverty Line;
- Resident of Travis, Bastrop, Hays, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Fayette, Lee, Llano, or Williamson counties.